Programme Assistant Job at United Nations Development Programme
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programmeis the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer.
UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
In most cultures volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities.
In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community. This will make the time they spend as UN Volunteers even more rewarding and productive
Duties for the Programme Assistant Job
- Provide administrative and logistical support in preparation of GBV Programme workshops and meetings, with specific support in the logistical documentation of the UNILEVER funded program on enhancing women’s safety in Kericho;
- Accompanying the departmental team to meetings and workshops and taking minutes of the pro-ceedings;
- Provide management support for the Unilever Programme-Identification and recruitment of diverse service providers (at least Two PCAs to be processed and two consultants) to support implemen-tation of the project;
- Assist in administrative and logistical support towards the implementation of the H6+ and the HIV joint programmes under GBV;
- Assist in receiving, acknowledgment and filing of project correspondences especially for the three projects (UNILEVER, JP H6+, and JPHIV);
- Support in logistical and administrative responsibilities towards the Electoral Gender Based Vio-lence initiatives;
- Undertake all assignments as may be directed by the supervisor.
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Programme Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, law, or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of three-year experience in project/ programme related work.
- Experience in reporting and writing minutes for project/ programme meetings;
- Experience in project filing and acknowledging correspondences;
- Ability to research and prepare project reports;
- Good mobilization skills.
How to Apply
Do you feel qualified or the role? Submit your applications online through this link.