United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:Post Title: Senior Driver
Contract Type: Fixed term Appointment (FTA)
Grade / Band: G3
Direct Supervisor: Administrative Assistant
Duration: One year, renewable subject to funding and performance
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 23 February 2016
Closing Date: 7 March 2016Background: Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and Administrative Assistant (Direct Supervisor), the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNDP RR/ UN RC and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
How to Apply
- For the full terms of reference and application procedures please access the UNDP e-recruitment portal through the following link – https://undpcareers.partneragencies.org/erecruit.html
- Notice: UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- “UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.