United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:
Post Title: Procurement Associate
Contract Type: Service Contract
Grade / Band: SB3/SC6
Direct Supervisor: Procurement Analyst
Project: The Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development (LECRD)
Duration: One year, renewable subject to funding and performance
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 18 April 2016
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Background: The Procurement Associate will support procurement function under the guidance and supervision of the Procurement Analyst.
He/She will ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes for the project.
He/She will promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the project’s procurement processes.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary education with professional certification in procurement and supplies management and 6 or more years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems.
- Experience in project management is desirable.
- Sound experience with procurement management in donor funded projects would be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of UNDP, donor organisation and/or government procurement procedures is highly desirable.
How to Apply
For the full terms of reference and application procedures please access the UNDP e-recruitment portal through the following link – https://undpcareers.partneragencies.org/erecruit.html
Notice: UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.