United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:
Post Title: Administrative / Finance Associate
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (TA)
Grade / Band: G6
Direct Supervisor: Head of Resident Coordinator’s Office
Programme: Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD)
Duration: One year.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 18 April 2016
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Background: UNDP has been partnering with Japan to support and enhance the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD), initiated in 1993, as one of the key forum for the advancement of dialogues and collaborations on African development.
UNDP, as one of the co-organizers of TICAD along with UN-Office of Special Adviser for Africa (OSAA), the World Bank and African Union Commission (AUC), has hosted a Special Unit for TICAD, which has been integrated to the UNDP Regional Bureau of Africa (RBA) with a view to enhancing integrated UNDP support for the TICAD process.
The TICAD VI Administrative/Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the staff of the RBA HQ, Country Offices as well as other relevant stakeholders to ensure consistent service delivery.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary Education required. Certification in Accounting, Finance or a related field, University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Public Administration desirable.
- Six years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, administration, logistics and procurement;
- Progressively responsible financial management or accounting experience required, with knowledge of programme or/and project finance;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems such as Atlas;
- Knowledge of IPSAS highly desirable.
How to Apply
Notice: UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.