Infographics Designer/Data Visualizer Volunteer Program at UNEP, Kenya
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the voice for the environment within the UN system. We set the global environmental agenda, raise priorities for addressing environmental challenges amongst governments and the public, and provide a solid evidence base to inform sound policy and practice.
In 2016 UNEP’s communication division will engage 10-20 United Nations Volunteers to help fulfill its mission.
We’re looking for smart, dynamic, creative and motivated individuals to join us at our global headquarters in Nairobi in the following roles:
Infographics Designer/Data Visualizer Job Responsibilities in Kenya
- Produce innovative and engaging data visuals that bring UNEP’s science to life
- Harvest data and transform UNEP’s research into compelling infographics destined for a broad-ranging audience
- Develop new ways to bring cutting-edge science and research to the general public through great design
- Be a proactive go-getter with loads of initiative and an adventurous spirit
- Be deeply committed to environmental issues
- Have a passion for storytelling and connecting with audiences
- Related Master’s degree is preferred; relevant work experience and porfolio
- An ability to work under pressure in a performance-driven environment;
- Fluent spoken and written English; Knowledge of other UN languages an asset.
Requirements for Data Visualizer Jobs in Kenya
- A university degree (either BA/BSc)
- At least three years of professional experience
- At least age 25 (no maximum age limit)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to adjust to difficult living conditions
- National UNV volunteer assignments usually range from 6 to 24 months
- Strong commitment to values and principles of volunteerism
- Good working knowledge in at least one of the three working UN languages: English, French and Spanish.
Conditions of Service
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) will be engaged on a 12-month contract that may be renewable depending on performance and available resources.
How to Apply
Register and create a profile on the UNV website and email your CV or copy of your application form to [email protected], with the UNV assignment title in the subject line. In your email to UNEP, please indicate your earliest availability to start with us in Nairobi, Kenya.