The United Nations Environment (UNEP) is the United Nations systems designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level.
Finance & Budget Job Responsibilities
- Manage the invoicing and receipts of UNEP’s contributions and their allocations to appropriate funds, programmes and projects for all sources of UNEP’s funding and for UNEP administered MEAs in line with the decisions of their respective governing bodies:
- Effective and timely processing of pledges, preparation of invoices and receipts, management of unidentified deposits and outstanding receivables.
- Reconciliation with bank and accounting systems, timely reporting and consultations with the relevant offices.
- Manage corporate-level extrabudgetary resources:
- Strategic cooperation agreements, specific donor trust funds and calls for proposals.
- Prepare recommendations for allocations and re-allocations, track expenditure and status of implementation and prepare reports to donors.
- Provide timely, accurate, relevant and easily available information on contributions to internal and external clients including senior management, staff, member states and general public.
- Provide reliable estimations and trend analysis, identify relevant statistics, analyse and provide regular and ad hoc reports.
- Provide guidance in development and improvement of Contributions Management Tool (CMT) database to track and analyze Environment Fund and Extra budgetary contributions for internal and external use:
- Ensure data entry into the management tools in a timely and accurate manner, review and certify records in the CMT. Review and check data to ensure that it is in compliance with the UN and UNEP regulations, rules and standards.
- Manage the team working on contributions including preparation of the work plans individually and collectively as well as the staff’s performance assessment.
- Perform any other relevant duties.
How to Apply