UNEP Job Public Information (Social Media) Internships
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level.
Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
UN Environment is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UN Environment’s Communication Division communicates UN Environment’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UN Environment worldwide.
The intern should have experience working with a wide range of social media platforms, such as: Twitter; Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn and Snapchat.
The Communication Division internship is for 3 months with a possibility for extension depending on the needs of the Organization.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Public Information Internship Responsibilities
- Curate and produce digital content for potential use on UN Environment’s social media channels;
- Curate and produce articles on news related to the work of UN Environment;
- Organize multimedia for use in connection with social media posts.
Qualifications for the Public Information Internship
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
How to Apply