This is a Temporary Job Opening (TJO). Appointment against this post is for a limited duration (364 days) and does not carry any expectancy, legal or otherwise, of renewal. Appointment against this post is on a local basis.
External candidates will be considered only when no suitable internal candidate from the duty station is identified. Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
On-line applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance through the Inspira ‘Need Help?’ link.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Secretariat. Having passed the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) in English at Headquarters, ECA, ESCWA, UNOG, UNOV, ICTR, or ICTY may be recognized in place of the GGST, pending confirmation of validity.
Organizational Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org).
- Assist in the preparation of supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates.
- Support the Finance/Budget Officer/Assistant in extracting information and generating expenditure reports from ERP/Umoja information system and other computerised data bases;
- Assist in preliminary analyse of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the Finance/Budget Officers/Assistant.
- Consolidate data and provide support to Finance/Budget Officers/Assistant with respect to expenditure review within the Division.
- Assist the Finance/Budget Officer/Assistant in the review of performance reports, performing preliminary analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepare funds unreleased/released documents and fund commitment documents in ERP/Umoja and reviews them to ensure that funds are available and the correct budget account/fund/project/cost center has been used.
- Assist in the financial administration of trust funds, including generating expenditure reports from ERP/Umoja and monitoring reporting requirements by donors.
- Assist the Finance/Budget Officer/Assistant in the issuance of allotments and related staffing table authorizations.
- Verify accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
- Review cost plans and draft reports, verifying overall accuracy, consistency and uniformity in the presentation, and ensuring comprehensiveness and compliance with prescribed formats;
- Cross-check consistency of figures in tables with the text of the reports, and verify references to other reports and documents, bringing errors to the attention of the Finance/Budget Officers/Assistant concerned;
- Ensure that all necessary corrections are incorporated in the Cost Plans and reports; co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of Cost Plans and budget reports.
- Keep up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme budgets, ensuring compliance with recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Draft routine correspondence with respect to enquiries related to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Provides administrative support to the Finance/Budget Officer/Assistant, as required.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here