Finance & Budget Officer Jobs at United Nations
Finance & Budget Officer Job Responsibilities
- Monitors and records extra-budgetary contributions to Science Division;
- Identifies discrepancies concerning contributions to Science Division and resolves them;
- Serves as financial focal point for all Science Division’s contributions.
- Reviews and analyses data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements for Science Division projects;
- Provides support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions;
- Provides substantive support to relevant inter-governmental and expert bodies in their budget review; assists in securing approval from the General Assembly;
- Ensures legislative mandates are accurately translated into programme budgets.
- Issues requests for redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures;
- Monitors Science Division’s budget implementation and determines/recommends reallocation of funds when necessary;
- Monitors Science Division’s expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels;
- Analyses Science Division’s expenditure data for trends and adherence to the Programme of Work;
- Reviews legal instruments with partners to ensure their compliance with UN Financial Regulations and Rules, and UNEP’s Standard Procedures;
- Approves all requisitions for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged, ensuring availability of funds;
- Certifies Science Division’s Environment Fund and extra –budgetary project expenditures;
- Administers and monitors core and extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures;
- Prepares relevant documentation with respect to budget performance submissions;
- Reviews and makes appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Provides substantive support to inter-governmental and legislative bodies.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with inter-governmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures;
- Monitors and supervises the work of subordinate staff as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply