Associate Finance Officer Jobs at United Nations
Associate Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
Budget and Finance: Advise and support in management of financial resources:
- Forecast consolidated financial requirements of work area;
- Monitor consolidated budget and project implementation ensuring full liquidity at all times;
- Oversee recognition of revenue of the organization in line with UN rules and regulations, particularly
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Participate in the formulation of policies, guidelines and strategies related to the financial and administrative components;
- Provide support with respect to resource requirements for the budget submissions by reviewing, analyzing and providing inputs into finalization of budgets and financial implications;
- Act as the liaison officer with programme management officers (PMOs)
- Monitor and report on quarterly basis on reconciliation of all project and fund balance on the financial systems in line with the donor agreements and initiate necessary adjustments;
- Assist in the production of monthly UN-HABITAT financial statements and produce a quarterly financial position report for the management;
- Participate in the needs assessment for management reports and the development, design and testing in the
- Project Accrual and Accountability System and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Participate in the internal working group on the assessment of IPSAS benefits realization within the organization.
- Oversee the preparation, dissemination and follow up on issues arising from the monthly/periodic financial reports sent to PMOs.
- Assist in production of internal year-end instructions on closing of Accounts for PMOs ensuring adherence to financial guidelines provided by UNON and UNHQ.
- Support programme managers during internal and external audits and propose corrective action on audit findings as required.
- Coordinate produce and submit quarterly and annual reports for the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEand specific donors, like United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP),
- European Union (EU), Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF), etc.
- Perform any other relevant assigned tasks.
Qualifications for the Associate Finance Officer Job
- A first-level university degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration or related area, is required. Additional certification in Accounting is desirable.
- Work Experience administration, budget, business administration or related area, is required.
- Working experience with an accounting module like Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) system e.g. SAP, is an advantage.
- Experience in implementation of Accounting Standards, including IPSAS, is highly desirable.
How to Apply