Communications Officer Jobs at United Nations
Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- Liaise with UN-REDD Programme partners and other relevant institutions to ensure continued delivery of the UN-REDD Programme communication strategy.
- Support in policy development on the role of communication in the UN-REDD Programme including through providing input on communications activities for annual and semi-annual Programme Progress Reports.
- Facilitate, under the guidance of the Management Group, development of the 2017-2020 Communications Strategy in support of Programme’s 2016-2020 Strategic Framework.
- Support the inter-agency Communications and Knowledge Management Working Group, including chairing monthly coordination meetings.
- Monitor and analyze current events, public opinion and press, identify issues and trends, and advise management on appropriate action/responses.
- Manage and grow contact lists including: general info subscribers, media, newsletter subscribers, weekly roundup subscribers.
- Support national-level communication teams.
- Point media inquiries to respective REDD representatives and technical experts.
- Report on the achievement of defined communication outcomes
- Facilitate at least four news articles related to achievements of the Programme and/or its Partner Countries for each issue of the newsletter.
- Facilitate at least one opinion piece focused on a key REDD+ topic for the blog each month – authored by a UN-REDD Programme technical expert, Partner Country expert, or guest expert.
- Draft, design and disseminate REDD+ Weekly Round Up
- Manage the design and delivery of the UN-REDD Programme website; as well as the day-to-day content management of the site, including global news announcements.
- Ensure adherence to UN-REDD Programme editorial style guide, templates, logos, etc. and maintain high quality standards of all communication material including through supporting agencies with supply of logos, templates etc
- Manage and populate the Image Bank and YouTube video archive.
- Monitor and report on the uptake / reach of communications material.
How to Apply