UNES Management invites suitably qualified persons to apply and competitively fill the following vacant positions:
Cooks – Arziki Restaurants
3 Years ContractReports to: Kitchen Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Kitchen Supervisor to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special customer needs
- Preparation and production of high quality food that meets the desired customer satisfaction.
- Provision of efficient service of food orders and as per specifications
- Preparing and cooking food in adherence to standard recipes and menu given by the Head Cook
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and safety at work.
- To account for all production resources provided by the Head cook and issued from the stores
- Proper handling and use of kitchen equipment as provided for by the Head cook and the Manufacturer.
- Provision of world class customer service to the customers.
- Any other duty assigned by the head cook.
- Certificate in food production from a recognized Institution
- Possess minimum of two years practical culinary experience in a 3 or 4 star hotel/restaurant
- Able to work long hours
- Computer literate
- Good food presentation skills
- KCSE C-
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees.
Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (CLICK HERE to download).
Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Envelope.
Submit 5 copies of all the documents required; Applications, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.All applications to reach the undersigned on or before 21-Aug-2015
Senior HR Officer
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer,
Persons with disabilities meeting the indicated criteria are encouraged to apply