UNES Management invites a suitably qualified person to apply and competitively fill the following vacant position:
Assistant Manager Bookstores
3 Years Contract
Re-AdvertisementReports to Bookstore Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of the developed Growth Strategies and Processes to achieve the desired cash flow and profitability
- Implement the Bookstore’s Annual Plans and Budget to support Business Goals and Objectives
- Direct and Supervise Staff to achieve the set Performance Targets
- Implement Bookstore’s Credit Administration
- Implement Bookstores’ Sales Strategies and Activities
- Carry out market research and price surveys
- Coordinate shop floor activities and timely servicing of customer orders
- In- charge of customer care operations
- Analysis of daily sales and preparation of Management reports
- Any other duties assigned by the Bookstore Manager
- A degree in Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 3 years management experience in a busy commercial organization.
- Experience in Sales/Marketing will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees.
Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (CLICK HERE to download).
Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Envelope.
Submit 5 copies of all the documents required; Applications, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.All applications to reach the undersigned on or before 21-Aug-2015
Senior HR Officer
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer,
Persons with disabilities meeting the indicated criteria are encouraged to apply