University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Ltd
3 Years Contract
Contract Duration: Three Years
The Bookstore Manager shall report to the Chief Manager Commercial Operations
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include
- Planning, organizing and managing bookstore activities
- Developing and implementing the store’s operating procedures
- Recommending appropriate related policies
- Preparing and managing yearly bookstore budgets
- Managing and maintaining the bookstore accounting records, training, supervising, and evaluating personnel
- Supervise staff in accounting functions and ordering books, supplies, and related merchandise; arrange advertising materials
- Oversee the planning, supervision, and maintenance of stock and inventory
- Prepare a variety of reports and correspondences, resolve client issues associated with merchandise
- Oversee the receipt and transfer of cash receipts to the proper office
- Decide in pricing merchandise; and ensure the store is profitable by increasing sales and keeping costs low
- Research and recommend programs, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the bookstore function, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, and customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum Five (5) years’ work experience as a Manager in a busy Commercial Operation.
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills.
- Commercial awareness/Business Acumen, Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Demonstrated supervision, working knowledge of retail accounting, purchasing, and inventory management and control required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Creative with an understanding of customer orientation
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download Here).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Submit 4 copies of all the documents required; cover letter, testimonials, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates. All applications to reach the undersigned on or before December 30, 2016
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration UNES Limited P.O.Box 68241-00200 Nairobiwww.unes.co.ke N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications. UNES is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability are encouraged to apply