University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Management invites suitably qualified persons to apply and competitively fill the following vacant position:
(3 Yrs Contract) The Senior Accountant shall report to the Chief Manager Finance & Administration
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Management Accounts and Annual Financial statements.
- Monitoring the Bank reconciliations and review of the monthly bank reconciliation reports
- Management of staff payroll payments and consultant payment.
- Ensure full compliance with Statutory and Regulatory Payments and Returns.
- Budget Preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Overseeing the company’s Financial Accounting, Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordination of internal and external financial and systems audits
- Cash flow Management and Reporting
- Must possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option)Degree or equivalent
- At least six (6) years experience 3 of which must be at Accountant Level.
- Possess CPA(K) or equivalent and be a registered member of ICPAK
- Good working knowledge of the Kenyan Tax Laws.
- Possess relevant Computer and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in preparation of financial statements and handling of external systems and final audits is preferred.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
1. Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
2. Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
3. Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
4. Completed Personal Data Form (Found in our website).
5. Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Envelope.
Submit 4 copies of all the documents required; Applications, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before March 28, 2016 Senior HR Officer UNES Limited P.O.Box 68241-00200 Nairobi
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities meeting the indicated criteria are encouraged to apply