This Division exists to develop and implement the corporate communication policies, strategies and plans. Specifically it entails but not limited to: management of public relations; corporate branding; coverage of corporate activities; information gathering; verifying the accuracy of information and news; corporate profiling and reputation management; public opinion research; corporate publications and reporting and media relations.
Grade – KNC 6
Reports To – Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs
Classification -Middle Management Level
Purpose of the Job- To ensure implementation of the Corporate Communication policies
Remuneration Gross Pay Ksh. 121,000 – 153,000 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Terms – Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Responsibilities for the Corporate Communications Officer Job
The officer will be responsible to the Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs for the coordination and implementation of the Corporate Communication Services in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
This will entail inter alia:
- Coordinate the day to day business of the Corporate Communications Division and ensure the achievement of its functions and objectives;
- Prepare the annual budget, plans and performance contracts of the Division
- Participate in the formulation, execution and communication of the Commission’s corporate communication policies, strategies, and plans;
- Establish and ensure the Divisions, processes and systems are effective;
- Ensure the preparation of communication materials and provide follow up activities as may be required.
- Provide regular communication to the Secretary General/CEO on corporate communication matters
- Coordinate publicity activities for public stakeholders forums to effectively enhance the
- Commission’s overall visibility and brand image
- Advise on the implementation of the best media and communication practices;
- Ensure positive and best coverage for corporate events, projects and activities including writing articles and features;
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Qualifications for the Corporate Communications Officer Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Mass
- Communication, Communication Studies, Information Sciences, Journalism, or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized and accredited institution; and
- A post graduate Diploma in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Information Sciences or Journalism from a recognized and accredited institution
- Experience Possess a minimum of seven (7) years continuous experience in the communication profession of a reputable organization;
- Have at least two (2) years’ experience in an equivalent or comparable middle management position dealing with leadership and management responsibilities of a corporate communication unit;
- Demonstrated good industry knowledge and experience of corporate communication processes and procedures
- Demonstrated good knowledge of existing legislations including ongoing reforms in the communication sector;
- Demonstrated working experience with budgeting and financial management
- Possess good knowledge of corporate communication operation frameworks of an organization
Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents) Send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P.O. Box 72107-00200 National Bank Building, 14th Floor Harambee Avenue NAIROBI
Send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents) Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.