This Division exists to develop and implement the ICT policies, strategies and plans. Specifically, it entails: drawing up of hardware and software specifications; Installing and configuring new hardware and software’s; repairs and maintenance; software design & development; user support; undertaking hardware and software audits; researching on emerging technologies and ensuring ICT hardware and software security.
Required Specialization Software & Programming Specialist
Reports- To Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs
Classification- Middle Management Level
Purpose of the- Job To ensure implementation of the Corporate ICT policies
Remuneration Gross Pay Ksh. 121,000 – 153,000 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Responsibilities fr the Chief ICT Officer Job
The officer will be responsible to the Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs for the coordination and implementation of the ICT services in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
- Coordinate the day to day business of the ICT Division to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the ICT Division;
- Prepare the annual budget, plans and performance contracts of the Division
- Participate in the formulation, execution and communication of the Commission’s ICT policies, strategies, and plans;
- Analyze user needs to identify technical requirements and provide software based solutions;
- Design, manage and update the Commission’s website and ensure its security thereof;
- Provide user support, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, or other network and system problems.
- Coordinate tests, repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals where necessary;
- Assist in the development of ICT related specifications and software solutions
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the secretary General/CEO.
Qualifications for the Chief ICT Officer Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Computer Science/Information Communication Technology, or other ICT
- A Diploma or Higher Diploma in ICT from a recognized and accredited institution; and Possess certification in professional ICT software related skills either in; data base management; website development; software development or systems engineering or any other software related fields.
- Experience Possess a minimum of seven (7) years continuous experience in the ICT profession of a reputable organization;
- Have at least two (2) years’ experience in an equivalent or comparable middle management position dealing with leadership and management responsibilities of an ICT unit;
- Proven track record in the design and development of software based solutions;
- Proven track record in design, development and management of functioning websites
- Possess industry knowledge of ICT processes and procedures.
Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
- Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
- Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents)
Send a hard copy to The Secretary General/CEO Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P.O. Box 72107-00200 National Bank Building, 14th Floor Harambee Avenue NAIROBI Send a soft copy in word format to HR2017@unesco.go.ke (Do Not attach any documents). Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.