The driving function entails: ensuring effective and efficient transportation services; undertaking routine checks and maintenance on the vehicle; maintaining effective vehicle records; managing the work tickets; monitoring, detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle’s systems; ensuring safety of authorized passengers and/or goods; undertaking first aid where necessary; and ensuring cleanliness and overall vehicle maintenance and management.
Grade- KNC 1
Classification- Service Staff
Purpose of the Job- To implement transport policies, strategies and plans of the Commission.
Remuneration Gross Salary Ksh. 23,500 – 30,500 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 4,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
This officer will be assigned to the transport pool. The office holder will be expected to perform the following duties;
- Facilitate the achievement of the functions and objectives of the Transport Division;
- Ensure effective and efficient transportation services for the Commission by driving the assigned vehicle;
- Undertake routine checks on the vehicle and report malfunctioning of the vehicle’s systems;
- Maintain effective vehicle records by managing the vehicles work tickets;
- Ensure cleanliness and overall vehicle maintenance.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as cleaning, regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
- Ensure safety of authorized passengers and/or goods
- Protect the health of the clients by undertaking first aid where necessary;
- In addition, the officer may be assigned other minor office duties such as photocopying, customer care or light records management activities; and
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- A minimum of an O-level certificate, mean grade D+
- Valid Driving License Certificate free from current endorsement
- Possess the following certification from a recognized and accredited institution: a Refresher Course of not less than one week conducted in the last one year
- Occupational Grade Test II
- Defensive Driving Course
- Customer care course
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Be in possession of a recent Valid certificate of good conduct
Experience Be below 38 years with an ability to communicate in English well
- Have a minimum of three (3) years continuous driving experience in a reputable institution.
- Demonstrated experience in competently driving particularly 4×4 vehicles
- Possess basic knowledge and experience of government transport processes and procedures
- Have working knowledge of traffic laws and regulations affecting the driving function
- Demonstrate capacity in undertaking basic office records management duties
Good interpersonal and communication skills, ethics and customer service skills Honest, have integrity and commitment to production results, dependable, organized, professional, timely, receptive and cooperative
How to Apply
- Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
- Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents)
Send a hard copy to The Secretary General/CEO Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P.O. Box 72107-00200 National Bank Building, 14th Floor Harambee Avenue NAIROBI Send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents). Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.