This Section exists to implement the compensation and benefits policies, strategies and plans of the Commission. Specifically, work entails: processing new employees into the payroll, operating and updating the payroll software, production of the monthly payroll, preparing the payroll budget, liaising with banks/societies and saccos; attending to employees benefits queries; analysis and reconciliation of the payroll records; ensuring regulatory compliance and processing of staff insurance benefits claims.
Grade- KNC 3
Reports To- Assistant Manager, Human Resource
Classification- Entry Level
Purpose of the Job- To implement policies, strategies and plans of the payroll Section.
Remuneration Gross Pay Ksh. 45,750 65,750 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Terms Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Responsibilities for the Payroll & Benefits Assistant Job
- The officer will be responsible to the Assistant Manager, Human Resource for the management of the Payroll and Benefits activities in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
- Implement the functions and objectives of the payroll and benefits Section
- Compile and prepare the overall annual PE budget including HR metrics and analytics information’s;
- Implement the human resource benefits policies, strategies, and plans
- Manage the HRIS and process the monthly payroll and provide follow up activities as may be required.
- Process new employees and advice on pay and other remunerative benefits
- Coordinate staff welfare matters and counseling matters
- Recommend to the Manager, Human Resource appropriate processes, systems and security features related to payroll management
- Implement processes and procedure changes to improve payroll operations and quality service delivery in the payroll section.
- Ensure custody and proper management of staff files and records and their security thereof
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Qualifications for the Payroll & Benefits Assistant Job
- Be a holder of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution;
- Be registered as a member of the IHRM
- Experience Possess a minimum of three (3) years running experience in Human
- Resource management in a reputable organization;
- Demonstrated competence and results in a payroll/HR section of a reputable organization;
- Have good industry knowledge and experience of payroll processes and compensation dynamics;
- Possess working knowledge of existing human resource legislations and policies related to payroll and compensation administration
- Personal qualities Team player, flexible, has integrity and commitment to production results, selfmotivated, organized, professional and dependable.
How to Apply
- Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
- Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents)
Send a hard copy to The Secretary General/CEO Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P.O. Box 72107-00200 National Bank Building, 14th Floor Harambee Avenue NAIROBI Send a soft copy in word format to HR2017@unesco.go.ke (Do Not attach any documents). Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.