The Senior Regional Protection Officer (SGBV) supports the global implementation of the Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) strategy in the region, the strengthening of SGBV data management and the enhancement of staff and partners skills and knowledge to ensure sustainability of their interventions.
The incumbent provides guidance on planning country specific SGBV strategies based on UNHCR¿s new SGBV multi-year strategy for regional roll-outs and they monitor the implementation of select country strategies for technical accuracy and sustainability.
S/he collaborates closely with the UNHCR management and the head of the Protection team in each country and strengthens working relations with other agencies involved in SGBV prevention and response in the context of the roll-out of the SGBV strategy.
The Senior Regional Protection Officer (SGBV) will support country operations under the Area of Responsibility (AoR) and will be directly supervised by the (Deputy) Regional Representative or Head of Regional Hub and will receive specialist guidance from the senior SGBV advisor at HQ.
Senior Regional Protection Officer Job Requirements
- Advanced University Degree in International Law, Human Rights, International Development, International Relations, Anthropology, Political or Social Science, with authoritative knowledge of issues relating to refugee women, gender, humanitarian and development issues, and SGBV prevention and response.
- Minimum 10 years of job experiences relevant to the function of which at least 5 in an international context.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience managing Protection related projects in a humanitarian context; experience managing SGBV projects a significant asset.
- Thorough understanding of SGBV prevention and response in displacement.
- Experience managing SGBV projects and/or serving in an SGBV coordination role.
- Training design and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our careers page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html, click on international vacancies and type in job ID 14011.
Deadline: 3 August 2017 (midnight Geneva time)
All positions are available on the UNHCR Careers Page at www.unhcr.org/careers.html.