Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (2 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Office of the Prime Minister
Project Name: Burundi Emergency Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Reports to: Commissioner Refugees
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received funding from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) under the Burundi Emergency project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will designs the framework for the physical and process monitoring of programme activities
• Actively promotes a results based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing result and impact.
• Coordinates the preparation of all monitoring and evaluation reports; guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission.
• The M&E Officer prepares and submits consolidated progress reports for management. Including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
• Undertakes regular field visits to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation. Function to identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow-up of evaluation recommendations to Managers.
• Assists, act as resource person, and join if required any external supervision and evaluation missions.
• Identifies the need and the TORs for specific monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Manages the implementation of complaints mechanism including the quality and timeliness of replies provided to beneficiaries’ complaints.
• Provides regular summaries of key issues raised through complaints mechanism to the field office Management and senior staff of the department with recommendations.
• Supports the department to internalize the feedback received through complaints system to enhance the quality of activities and services.
• Conducts studies and research on cross-cutting issues on the causes and roots of problems identified through complaints mechanism or other sources.
• Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the UNHCR Project Monitoring & Evaluation Officer jobs should hold a Master’s Degree in humanities.
• Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in M&E is essential
• A minimum of three years previous experience in a similar job.
• Ability to develop evident based reporting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their applications to the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister, 6th Floor, New Government Block Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala. Uganda
The complete applications bear the title of the post, attach photocopies of their academic certificates and transcripts plus recent passport size photographs and any other relevant documents to each copy of the application forms.
Deadline: Friday 2nd October, 2015 by 5:00PM