Job Title: Vocational Centre Administrator
Organization: Windle Trust Uganda (WTU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Vocation Centre Principal
Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The Vocational Centre Administrator provides office and clerical support to assist with the efficient operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correspondences; Prepare, dispatch and ensure safe delivery of all out going documents. Preparation /collection of parcels. Ensure post office box checked on a regular basis.
- Record keeping /updates/follow up; Keep proper records and updates on all staff records, contacts. Logistical Support for Vehicles, Motorcycles. Ensure all documentation are filled in an easily retrievable manner.
- Receive and attend to all visitors. Relay information to management. Keep telephone records in an accountable manner. Receive and distribute appropriately all incoming documents.
- Ensure that the office is organised; clean the Office and ensure its clean at all times. Ensure that the entire office compound is clean.
- Cash management; Prepare on time payments for office bills and other requests to respective persons. Order and receive office supplies. Handle office petty cash and account for it in a proper manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle Trust Uganda Vocational Centre Administrator job opportunity must hold a bachelor’s degree in business Administration or any relevant field
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in office software (MS Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of integrity and commitment.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed curriculum vitae, , current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references addressed to:
Human Resource Manager,
Windle Trust Uganda,
Plot 726, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill,
- O. Box 24230 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 6th January 2017