Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Receives short-lists for IP posts, prepares recruitment documentation, administers selection process in the Regional Office, maintains tracking information, coordinating and scheduling of interviews and written tests.
- Assists in the SSR process for vacant positions in ESAR by preparing candidates files and coordinating/scheduling interviews. Maintains records of all ESARO Job Descriptions, and ensures that they are updated as per the guidelines.
- Supports the oversight function of the Regional Human Resources Section in reviewing national professional officer recruitment recommendations from country offices, ensuring completeness of documentation and workflow process in e-recruitment system; prepares checklist for review by HR Specialist/Office and approval by the Regional Chief of Human Resources. Maintains tracking records and prepares statistics.
- Responsible for quality assurance and confirmation of classifications done by country office for GS posts submitted for PBR approval, making appropriate recommendations for final action, including entry actions in VISION.
- Assists in the preparation of the Regional Office Management Plan by preparing the organization chart and all other annexes.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to raising of consultancy contracts, ensuring due process was followed, completeness of supporting documentation, and compliance with relevant policies.
- Contributes to the review of the Regional Human Resources Management Reporting, by receiving reports from country office, checking accuracy of submissions and cooperating with COs for their completion.
- Assists with the review of SPAs, confirm eligibility, draft required correspondence and recommendation.
- Assists in the collection of Frequently Asked Questions for ESARO database and sharing with HR Practitioners in the region.
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required. Training on job classification an asset.
Languages: Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
Advertised: Nov 14 2016 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: Nov 28 2016 E. Africa Standard Time
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here