UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
The Security Officer provides technical, operational and administrative assistance in security management and services through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting technical security related information/data while learning organizational/UN system rules, regulations and procedures in the area of security management and emergency/crisis preparedness.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Safety and Security Services
- Security Networking and Partnership Building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Requirements for the Security Officer Job
- University Degree in a discipline related to Security Management, International Studies or Security Analysis.
- A minimum of One (1) year of relevant professional experience in security management required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, kindly apply HERE.