HR Job At Unilever In Kenya
Human Resource Business Partner-Kericho
(Re-advertisement)(Job Number: 1600018G)
HR Job Purpose
- In the role of HR Manager you have responsibility for all aspects of the people agenda. You will ensure by effectively partnering your client group that HR policies and processes are executed effectively. You will work closely with the broader HR Community, using your business expertise & insight to diagnose talent, organisation, culture and capability needs in the business and deliver interventions to address these.
HR Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Understands the broader market context & what’s happening in the organisation and uses this insight to improve business performance.
- Uses insight to suggest alternative paths of action and short term HR solutions
- Assesses the talent needs of the organisation in order to design and deliver the most effective talent solutions.
- Effectively partners managers to influence them to make the right choices regarding Talent.
- Engages & communicates with all employees the vision for effective teams and effective change management
- Builds an Employee Relations (ER) plan to measure performance and engagement. Ensures it is kept up to date by developing knowledge internally and externally of emerging local and international ER issues.
- Leads the development of policies and practices that cover the full employee relationship and ER strategy (i.e. collective and individual dispute resolution, pay bargaining, conflict management, tribunals, grievance and disciplinary, employment law, contracts of employment and terms and conditions)
- Creates a positive employee relations climate in the organisation to drive performance
- Co-ordinates with Expertise team to ensure managers receive the relevant ER training.
- Takes the lead on resolving complex ER issues that create significant risk to the organisation and/or strongly influence those leading the issue on the appropriate approach
- Strongly influences leaders who are resolving complex or high profile ER/IR issues
- Leads key negotiations with trade unions, work councils etc. to ensure appropriate outcomes.
- Manages conciliation with other external bodies
- Challenges leaders to address and modernise Unilever’s working practices if required, and not to accept the status quo
- Has deep understanding of employment law and discrimination law and of the COBP and social standards
- Ensures barriers to change are overcome from the perspectives of both the organisation and trade unions, not necessarily accepting the status quo of current practices
- Understands organisation diagnostic tools and uses them to plan and implement a range of organisation development interventions and change acceleration programmes
- Coaches and advises business leaders in the optimisation of Org and team design techniques to improve performance
- Works at both the organisational and individual level to assess learning & capability building needs. Advises the client group the business and performance benefits of learning interventions.
- Develops an effective ER strategy. Delivers it through coaching managers, ensuring a strong understanding of employment law and risk mitigation.
- Builds managers’ capability in managing performance and reward decisions
- Takes responsibility for Total Service Delivery: on time and meeting expectations of all customers.
- Manages HR Budgets providing insight and analysis to other functions.
- Manages the HRBP Administrator team, ensuring effective delivery and execution of all core HR processes.
- Leads the delivery of, and the compliance with, Unilever HR policies, processes and local employment/labour legislation for all employees
- Works closely and collaboratively with HRBP, HR Services and HR Expertise teams to share best practice.
- Where responsible for Site HR, will be required to manage budgets and absence cost control and reduction and FTE optimization.
- In SC specific roles an excellent understanding of WCM is required to engage with Factory Leadership Teams and integrate HR for Factories plan and ManEx World Class Manufacturing vision. Drive implementation of ‘22 Steps to implement a World Class approach’ along with the factory leadership team by educating the factory resources and related change management efforts.
Qualifications For HR Jobs In Kenya
- University graduate
- 8+ years’ experience in HR systems and processes.
- Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
- Relevant experience in ER/IR systems and process in a complex environment
- Ideally has had experience of HR service centre environment and/or expertise teams as well as hands-on HR management experience in the business
How to Apply
Click here to apply