Unilever Graduate Customer Development Job,April 2018
How would you position a new product in a competitive market? How would you persuade retailers to take it on, to put up new displays, to take the risk of buying lots of stock for something new and unfamiliar? What will you do? Over three placements, you will work in the areas of Account Management, Category Management and Business to Business.
In Account Management, you’ll work with a certain ‘type’ of customer, building relationships, developing promotions, negotiating and gathering an understanding of consumers. In Category Management, you’ll cover a category of products, becoming an expert on their marketplace, consumers and competitors and advising customers on suitable stocks for their demographics. In Business to Business, you’ll sell a range of food products, using your product expertise and relationship skills to keep preferred supplier relationships
Who is it for? Any work in this area demands a lot of motivation and an ability to tackle tough situations. After all, you’ll be on the front lines, working as an ambassador for our products, making sure people forget the competition and think of Unilever first. You will need self-motivation, passion to win and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Building relationships with the “customer”
- Developing promotions
- Negotiating and developing understanding of shoppers
- Whether you are in category management, account management or customer marketing, a customer development role at Unilever will challenge your understanding of both our business and our consumers
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Upper Second-Class Honors) and a strong academic track record
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of motivation, enthusiasm and personal initiative and drive
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for pace and competitiveness of the retail market
Please note: Emails from Unilever are likely to be sent to the Spam Inbox
How to Apply
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This role has specific responsibilities for Internal Audit in Unilever East Africa including the Plantations. Primary responsibilities include development and execution of Internal Audit plans, partnership and co-ordination of work with Corporate Audit. The role also supports the Business Integrity function by carrying out Investigations requiring Financial Audit & Investigations expertise across the region, including presentation of investigation findings, & following up implementation of remedial actions.
- To plan, prepare, brief and review audits ensuring audit output effectively communicate findings, add value and recommend best practice to business and co-ordinate with Internal Controls, and Corporate Audit in ensuring maximised efficiency of coverage
- To advice management, design and test controls to detect and prevent Fraud in the business by applying judgement on the right balance of control that enables fraud prevention and fast execution in the marketplace.
- To support management in creating a control environment that promotes a positive attitude to risk but a well-controlled business. This involves raising control awareness and skills besides promoting a positive control culture in the East African business
- To review independently and give (quick cycle feedback executed in real time as well as long term improvement feedback executed in subsequent cycles) the management self-assurance processes of Control, Checklists, Sign Offs, Risk Identification and Risk ratings, and other such processes and feed into a continuous improvement cycle of control
- To give independent controls assessment & recommendations to the businesses and functions in the process re-engineering studies that is aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations and management control
- To independently review compliance with laws, regulations, Unilever policies, Code of Business principles and other external requirements
- Qualified Accountant with reputable body (or equivalent)
- 9+ years of experience in Auditing in Manufacturing or FMCG industry (either external or Internal Audit)
- Team leader- great at developing talent
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Incisive analytical ability especially Root Cause Analysis
- Flexible and able to grow into greater Finance function.
How to Apply