On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
- Support deployment of the global/cluster Safety strategy, policy and standards in the sites to achieve excellent sustainable results.
- Assist in the completion of safety and occupational risk assessment in the sites and in developing/implementing appropriate controls
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure they meet all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the Country Safety Manager in leading and developing the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support site leaders in the country/cluster in serious incident investigation and analysis
- Assist the Country Safety Manager in ensuring compliance with training and reporting requirements
- Oversee the Unilever safety management system across the units KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Production Technology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or Engineering.
- Experience in implementation of Health and Safety management systems; Kaizen, OSHA
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of Kenya Safety Legislation (OSHA 2007)
- 2‐3 years in extended industrial health and safety management systems
- NEBOSH certificate or professional certification in SHE related field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply