Job Title:Integrated Social Sustainability Manager
Why Join Us?
Unilever products are used by 2 billion people every day to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Unilever operates in more than 190 countries around the world as a global business with a turnover more than €50 billion, of which over €35 billion is spent through the Procurement function within the Supply Chain. The supply chain of the materials and services that go into Unilever’s products as well as the operation of its factories, offices and total supply chain is covered by the Responsible Sourcing Policy (RSP) and the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP).
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is our blueprint for sustainable and responsible business.Our vision is to grow our business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact.Business can only flourish in societies where human rights are respected, upheld and advanced and therefore we will continue to build on our work and actively engage on these issues. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about creating positive change and an expert on human rights including labour rights in Africa.
What we are looking for;
- Experience of working with business and appreciation of the role that responsible business can play in creating positive social impact.
- Good understanding of human rights issues including labour rights, land rights and health and safety (including safety for women) in the Africa region, particularly but not limited to the specific industries in which Unilever operates such as agricultural commodities.
- Knowledge of international principles such as the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Good knowledge of and relationships with key external stakeholders including Governments, civil society and trade unions. Strong human rights network.
- Good understanding of both traditional audit processes and innovative practices in social assurance and accountability.
- A self-starter with a proven proficiency in hands-on project management including being able to manage different projects concurrently
- Able to identify and navigate complex social issues and to deliver practical, implementable solutions either directly in the field or by providing guidance to in-field operations.
- Ability to conduct and analyse both desk-top and comprehensive field research including applied rights in the various industries and countries where Unilever operates.
- Extensive on the ground experience of working with local communities, including farmers
- Experience and understanding of gender issues and the women’s rights agenda in Africa would be highly desirable, specifically around land rights, safety and economic empowerment.
The Impact you will have;
- Working across the business, identify and analyse issues through investigating conditions and recommending remediation. Consulting with all parties address/facilitate implementation of any needed remediation.
- Address potential systemic human rights issues, working with internal and external partners – including suppliers – as we continue to make progress on our responsible sourcing programme.
- Create replicable models of good practice and operationalise these in the field.
- Monitor and evaluate results.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi-Nairobi
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Dec-16-2016, 3:59:00 PM
Req ID: 16000J0R
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here