Unit Managers and Direct Sales Agents
UAP Group is a pan-African Financial Services Group with interests in Insurance, Investment Management, Property Investments, Securities Brokerage and Financial Advisory and related Services. Currently UAP has twelve (12) businesses operating in Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Tanzania, which are market leaders in their respective fields.
UAP is currently executing an ambitious Pan-African growth and expansion strategy in order to extend its business into new geographical markets and to establish new business lines in high growth areas which complements its existing core business of Insurance.
In order to execute its ambitious growth strategy, UAP Insurance Rwanda Limited would like to recruit experienced, Innovative and high performing professionals for the following key roles:
1. UNIT MANAGERS- GENERAL BUSINESS (3 POSITIONS)
Reporting to the Branch Manager Kigali, the position holder ensures close supervision and support of field sales agents in their pursuit of business to ensure Company procedures and ethics are followed in order to achieve company budgets / targets
Duties and responsibilities.
• Recruitment and selection of agents
• Train sales representatives
• Set goals and monitoring performance
• Manage Unit Business- for targets and regulatory compliance
Qualifications and Experience.
A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, Marketing Diploma, 3 years’ experience in a similar position and Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance is an added advantage
Insurance Product knowledge, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, persuasion and influencing skills and Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
2. DIRECT SALES AGENTS (VARIOUS)
Reporting to the Branch & Agency Development Manager, the Direct Sales Agents are independent contractors and shall be remunerated by way of commission. The rate of Commission shall be as determined and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). Commission will be paid monthly on all the business closed in that month and is fully paid up.
The Direct Sales Agent shall be responsible for sale of various types of General Insurance products to Businesses and Individuals on behalf of UAP Insurance Rwanda Limited, including Motor, Fire, Property, Personal Accident, Property, Home, Medical, Travel insurances, specialized insurance such as Marine, Agriculture, Professional Indemnity, Medical Malpractice.
• Sell and promote the Company’s General Insurance products to potential and existing clients.
• Seek leads and develop clientele through networking so as to find new and potential customers.
• Contact potential clients and making presentations to prospective clients.
• Present proposals and requests for insurance to the Company’s underwriters for quotations and promptly communicate the terms to the clients.
• Follow up on quotations to close business and obtain feedback from clients.
• Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled such as medical examinations, completion of appropriate forms.
• Submit duly completed proposal forms to the Company and obtain confirmation binding cover.
• Deliver insurance documents to the client and explain the policy terms and conditions.
• Maintain regular contact with the clients to nurture the relationship between the Company and customers.
• Follow up policy renewals to retain the business.
• Report clients’ claims to the Company and follow up claims documentation from the client.
• Follow up the claim with the Company on behalf of the client and provide information on the claim status to ensure prompt settlement of claim;
• Forward customer queries and complaints to the Company and ensure the same are addressed;
• Identify customer needs and present them to the Company;
• Obtain information on activities in the market and advise the Company on business opportunities and threats;
• Maintain a record of all business acquired and prospective clients.
Qualifications and Skills.
• Secondary School Certificate;
• Diploma and experience in sales and marketing will be an added advantage;
• Knowledge of and Qualifications in Insurance will be an added advantage
• Prospecting Skills;
• Organized, aggressive and self-driven;
• Customer service oriented;
• Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to meet set goals and targets;
• Honesty, reliability and dependability;
• Good computer skills;
• Ability to network and build relationships;
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with a detailed CV including present position, phone contacts of 3 professional referees and copies of professional/educational certificates. Clearly indicate the position of interest on the application addressed to the Human Resources Manager, UAP Insurance Rwanda by;
Email: [email protected] The attachment should not exceed 2MB.
By hand: Deliver the applications to our offices, UAP Insurance Rwanda at Grand pension Plaza (RSSB Building) 7th Floor. P.O.Box: 6644, Kigali, Rwanda at the reception.
Closing date of applications: 16th October 2015 at 5:00PM.