Job Title: Driver (Only Female Applicants)
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10016442
Reports to: Senior Administrative Assistant
Vacancy Notice: 010/2016
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Grade: GL2
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for the maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organization. She will be required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles. The incumbent will have regular contacts with staff within UNHCR office and with service providers outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Conduct the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned
- UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Carry out minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Senior Administrative Assistant.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assigned UNHCR vehicles are properly maintained and equipped as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation.
- Local traffic rules and regulations are strictly observed.
- Instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed by the Driver and the passengers during the journey.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Driver career opportunity should have completed Primary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- At least two years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Hold a valid driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of English and local language.
- Good mechanical skills.
How to Apply:
All interested female candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications, under confidential cover, quoting the Post No addressed to: The Senior Administrative/Finance Officer, UNHCR Representation in Uganda via E-mail quoting the vacancy notice and position number to: [email protected]
Deadline: 27th April, 2016