Senior ICT Assistant Job At United Nations, Kenya
Duty Station: Somalia
Duration: 3 months
Senior ICT Assistant Job Purpose
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO representative for Somalia, direct supervision of the FAO Somalia ICT coordinator the incumbent is a core part of the FAO Somalia ICT Service desk and will be the coordinate provision of ICT technical assistance to staff based and on mission Somaliland region of Somalia and surrounding areas.
- He/she will also support data and information systems deployed to FAO implementing Partners based in Somalia in coordination with information management and ICT units based in Nairobi.
Senior ICT Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Operate the ICT Helpdesk in Hargeisa Office providing single point of access for provision of ICT technical assistance at all time for Field offices staff, Official Missions and FAO Implementing partners,
- Maintain, protect and update as necessary ICT hardware under responsibility (laptops, desktops, modems, etc) and, all hardware configurations to ensure optimum operations for all staff and offices assigned;
- Ensure day-to-day that all software resources are in working order and liaise with relevant department to ensure upgrades and patches are applied regularly;
- Ensure day-to-day functionality of all computing resources are in working order and liaise with administration to ensure accessories and consumables are available for timely replacement;
- Upgrade regularly application software to ensure highest productivity and troubleshoot and resolve software problems and assist FAO staff to customize and automate routine tasks;
make first-hand visits to staff and provide support as necessary;
monitor, troubleshoot and resolve internet/e-mail connection connectivity problems and upgrade network hardware and software to ensure utmost productivity;
support development, testing, error checking and deployment of in-house software and external applications;
carry out regular data backup on client and server machines;
- Support deployment, Maintenance, training, data management on FAO Somalia data and information collections tools to partners and staff
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications For Senior ICT Assistant Job
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of practical experience in ICT administration, including with corporate networks, internet connectivity, data security, and maintaining hardware and software
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems.Proven skills in presentation and knowledge transfer Skills
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English).
Somali speaking candidates are eligible to apply.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment. Tact, courtesy and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/08/2016 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available here and send application to [email protected]