UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 025/2015
Position No. 15-0018210
Post Title: Business Support Associate
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC6
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 6th October 2015
Closing Date: 19th October 2015
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support;
- Prepare and consolidate comprehensive reports, documentations, correspondence, briefing notes and conduct research in the area of work;
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures;
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients;
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies;
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials on time and quality standards;
- Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively;
- Assist and recommend improvements to procedures and practises, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services;
- Provide full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations;
- Provide advice, support and training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support;
- Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
- Proven ability to effectively use word processing and other technology equipment
- Thorough knowledge of modern office methods. Knowledge of protocol. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/15-0018210 Step 1: Create your online CV. Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.