Job Title: Supply Clerk
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-5 (Ugshs 34,509,568 p.a. inclusive of allowances)
Vacancy Announcement Number: 103-16
Reports to: Property Management Supervisor
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Supply Clerk supports the US Embassy by carrying out expendable property (EXP) data entry duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Entry: 50%
- o Captures all receipts and issuances of EXP supplies on a daily basis into WebPass and ILMS database and liaise with Storekeeper and supply clerks on all EXP supplies.
- o Create National Stock numbers for EXP supplies locally procured and those bought outside the US federal sources before data input.
- Expendable Files: 25%
- o Maintain files at the GSO warehouse on all EXP receipts and issuances for record keeping purposes.
- o Maintain and update on regular basis EXP catalogue
- Exp Inventory – 25%
- o Prepare and send weekly reports on re-order levels, minimum and maximum levels for all EXP supplies at post for EXP Storekeeper to determine supplies needed.
- o Actively participates in the annual inventory exercise of EXP.
- Other Duties: Performs miscellaneous support tasks in the warehouse and for make readies which include incidental driving duties to transport supplies to authorized US mission locations, maintaining general housekeeping of warehouse storage space and working areas in good condition.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United Stated US Embassy Supply Clerk job opportunity should have completed secondary school (both ‘O and A’) and post-secondary training in logistics, supplies, and/or warehousing is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with stores, supplies, and/or warehousing required.
- Possess general knowledge of Department of State and associated agency supply procedures and instructions.
- Ability to acquire more detailed knowledge of instructions and typing ability.
- Possess a clean and valid Ugandan driver’s license with good driving experience.
- Language Proficiency: Level III English ability (good working knowledge) is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Download a completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff, Download it Here.
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at [email protected]
NB: Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 10MB. Please clearly indicate the position number and title you are applying for on the DS-174 form.
Deadline: 19th December 2016
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.