The University of Eldoret is a public University with nine (9) schools namely; Agriculture and Biotechnology; Science; Environmental Studies; Engineering; Natural Resource Management; Education; Business and Management Sciences; Human Resource Development and Economics.
It has over 20, 000 students, 1,500 employees and land measuring 1,057 acres.
Senior Assistant Registrar Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Human Resource Department;
- Formulate and implement Human Resource Strategies, policies and guidelines;
- Facilitate recruitment and selection of staff;
- Undertake capacity building by initiating and facilitating staff development and succession planning programs;
- Manage employee relations, grievance handling, discipline and guiding the University management on adherence to labour laws and regulations;
- Manage incentives including staff remuneration and other benefits;
- Manage staff performance involving development, coordination and overseeing individual job performance evaluation;
- Manage administrative infrastructure to improve human capital systems;
- Guide the University management on development and implementation measures to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for staff;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience for the Senior Assistant Registrar Job
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent from recognized Institution;
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in Management or Administration;
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant work experience;
- Knowledge in Information and Communication Technology;
- Management training lasting not less than three (3) months;
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- Commission for University Education (CUE) and
- Current certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment to the positions of the University Librarian, Senior Legal
- Officer and the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR) will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- The position of the Senior Farm Manager will be on a contract terms for a period of three years renewable subject to performance.
- Successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits inaccordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines.
How to Apply
All applicants for the above positions are advised to send six (6) copies of the applications.
Applicants are advised to indicate the reference of the position applied on the envelope.
Applicants for the position should send soft copies of their applications via e-mail address to Vice-Chancellor at email@example.com. or hand delivered applications to be dropped in the Procurement Box in the Vice-Chancellor’s office using the Vice-Chancellor address given below or send by post.
All applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, and membership of the professional associations, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts.
Applicants should provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees to write and send confidential reports using the addresses given below;
Applications should be received on or before
Wednesday the 29th June, 2016 at 4.30 pm.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
University of Eldoret is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.