ICT ASSISTANT (SOFTWARE DEVELOPER) – GRADE 8 – MUST/ADM/07/16 – (1 POST)
We are seeking a ICT Assistant/ Software Developer with a focus on back end and business logic based development, ideally with knowledge of web services and big data solutions and is willing to learn new programming languages especially C#, X++ for (Dynamics AX) and C/AL for (Dynamics NAV)
Qualifications For ICT Assistant Job
- BSc (or higher) in a Computing or Scientific/Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated competence in design and development of relational database queries and reports especially MySQL.
3+ years’ Proficient experience in C# (Microsoft .NET Framework) and Java
- Experience with data export, import and transformation
- Evidence of Implementation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or any other Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) in a setup with a high client support requirement.
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV especially in a University Setup will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and use of Mobile Application Development, System and Web Design Platforms.
- Strong, pragmatic and proactive attitude towards Software Development
- Key skills in communication
- Obtain clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a valid
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates, for the above positions, will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of Service.
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of applications specifying the post together with a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, project grants and awards/scholarships, linkages and community service, e-mail and telephone contacts), copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed here and send hard and soft copies (Microsoft word document) to [email protected]
How to Apply
Applications in hard copy and referees’ confidential reports should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before Friday, 14th October, 2016. The Vice Chancellor Meru University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 972 – 60200, MERU