Closing date: 08 Nov 2016
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Oversee the procurement function to ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules and regulations, while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality, materials, goods and services.
· Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
· Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
· Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment,
· Goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved policy as well as donor requirements
· Develop and implement MGIC’s Procurement strategies and policies
· Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
· Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
· Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
· Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
· Review, up-date, interpret and implement existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems; prepare and ensure implementation of the procurement manual.
· Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
· Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
· Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
· Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management plus membership to a professionally recognized body.
· A minimum of six (6) years’ work experience in experience in purchasing and supplies management gained from a large organization.
· Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
· Experience working under USG funded projects preferred.
· Applicants must exhibit a flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively in a team environment.
· They must also be able to work well independently to meet unexpected demands.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application, cover letter and current CV with the names of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th November, 2016 with subject: Senior Procurement Officer Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.