Provide both clinical leadership and patient management at facility level.
· Provide high quality clinical HIV patient care according to national guidelines including leading clinical effectiveness efforts, ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols, national guidelines.
· Ensure that the health facility patient care is provided according to agreed basic care standards as defined by national guidelines and agreed performance measures.
· Establish clinic systems that support patient care appropriate to the staffing levels and patient volumes, including supporting the establishment of patient flow with attention to infection control; patient referral systems within the facility and with other institutions.
· Establish and implement treatment and care plans.
· Lead the evaluation and continued improvement of medical practice (CQI Committee)
· Participate in Peer Review process when requested.
· Serve as liaison to medical education committees at the health facility level.
· Support infection control measures at the health facility.
· Utilize site data to inform delivery of services at the facility.
· Perform any reasonable work related duties as may be assigned from time to time
· Participate in organizing training and mentorship programs including Continuous Professional Development.
· Reports to the facility in charge and PACT Clinical Care Improvement Specialist.
· Works in collaboration and guidance of the Clinical Technical team.
· Prepare clinical site monthly reports.
· Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
· Registration with the Clinical Officers Council
· NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and pediatric ART, and PMCT preferred
Experience & Skills:
· 1 – 3 years’ experience, 1 year of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre.
· Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV and Adherence support.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application, cover letter and current CV with the names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 4th November, 2016 with subject: SITE CLINICAL OFFICER Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.