Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
Job Description: Site Pharmaceutical Technologist
· Ensure good store keeping for pharmacy drugs, prepare and manage pharmacy inventory.
· Be part of the clinical eligibility committee to set and periodically evaluate annual department goals
· Develop, review and regularly update the standard operating procedures manual for administration and distribution of ARVs
· Member of the health facility drugs and therapeutics committee (TDC). Secretary of the Medicine and Therapeutic Committee (MTC) and keeper of the MTC minutes)
· Together with other TDC members, review and regularly update the health facility on medicines.
· Promote pharmacovigilance activities at the facility, analyse reports as well as forward the reports to PPB/UMB
· Ensure ADT tool is in use and well maintained ( in-charge of the pharmacy computer)
· Give the ART clinical team updates on the availability of drugs
· Dispense ARVs and OI drugs to patients in the ART program
· Perform any reasonable work related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
· Member of the pharmacy and CCC team (active members of CQI team)
Training and mentorship
· Orientate new pharmacy staff members
· Following appropriate education participate in counseling of patients taking ARVs in order to promote adherence with prescribed regimen
· Reports to the facility in charge and UMB Pharmaceutical Specialist.
· Works in collaboration and guidance of the UMB Pharmacy team.
· Prepare site monthly pharmacy reports. ;
How to Apply
Kindly send your application, cover letter and current CV with the names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 4th November, 2016 with subject: Site Pharmaceutical Technologist Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.