University Nurse Career At USIU In KenyaÂ
University Nurse JobÂ Responsibilities
- Observation of vital signs and giving treatment at the triage room.
- Man the health center reception and receive patients.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Observation and monitoring of patient conditions as well as maintenance of records.
- Offering medical advice to patients.
- Assistance in surgical procedures.
- Sterilization and packaging of surgical equipment.
- Referral (where necessary) of medical emergencies.
- General housekeeping of the Health Center (includes preparation of First Aid kits, pre-packaging of
- drugs/pharmaceuticals and maintenance of hygiene).
- Assisting the Clinician in dispensing drugs when needed.
- Assisting in the monthly stock take.
- Process and follow up on insurance and hospital invoices
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Health Service Coordinator
Â QualificationsÂ ForÂ University Nurse JobsÂ
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) from an accredited medical institution.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education grade C (plain) or equivalent.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Over 5 years working experience as a nurse in a hospital/university clinic. Experience managing the reception of a busy hospital, and processing of patient medical records will be an added advantage.
- Good customer care
- Team work.
- Accuracy, neatness, and consistency
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and Organization skills
- Decision Making skills
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- If you had previously applied for any of the listed positions, please do not re-apply. Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
- Should you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
- Head of Human Resources, United States International University â€“ Africa P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer