University of Nairobi
Applications are invited for the following positions:-
Registrar, Planning, Planning Division
Applicants should be holders of a PhD degree or its equivalent in either Public Administration, Planning or Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized university.
They should have CPS (K) or relevant professional qualification and be members of a recognized professional administration or management body and be computer literate.
In addition, they must have at least 12 years administrative experience, three (3) of which should be at Deputy Registrar level or equivalent.
Applicants with administrative / academic experience at Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer level will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a team player and should have shown outstanding
professional competence in administration and management.
Please note that the appointment will be a three (3) year contract, renewable based on performance and mutual agreement.
Deputy Chief Legal Officer (Deputy Registrar Level)
Applicants should be holders of a PhD degree, CPS (K), advocates of the High Court of Kenya Commissioner of Oaths and Notary Public.
They should have at least 9 years’ experience – at least 3 years’ service as Senior Legal Officer or equivalent and be Computer Literate.
Applicants with a Masters degree in relevant area , CPS (K), advocates of the High Court of Kenya Commissioner of Oaths and Notary Public and have at least 12 years working experience, at least 3 years’ service as Senior Legal Officer or equivalent and are Computer Literate will also be considered.
Applicants who have administrative and academic experience as Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor will also be considered.
Executive Director (Senior Assistant Registrar Level)
University of Nairobi Alumni Association
Introduction: The University of Nairobi Alumni Association (UONAA) was founded by the UON Alumni in 2005 with a vision of becoming a leader in promoting active, visible leadership in the community and to foster interaction between alumni and the students of the University of Nairobi and the Industry.
To achieve this vision, the Association is looking for skilled, dynamic and talented persons to assist in the growth and development of the Association.
The Position: The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors and will be expected to be in charge of
- Policy and Strategy Formulation;
- Overall In-Charge of the Office Operations;
- Resource Mobilization and Proposals Development;
- Fund-raising and seeking donations for the Association;
- Ensuring that statutory and legal requirements are implemented;
- Implementing Executive Committee resolutions;
- Protocol and Public Relations function and receiving the Association’s guests;
- Link person between the industry, local/international Chapters and the Association.
- Applicants must be holders of a Masters degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Management or equivalent qualifications;.
- They must possess excellent interpersonal Communication Skills/Public Relations and a good understanding of the Alumni Affairs in a University setting.
- In addition, they should have a track record in fundraising and friends-raising, project management and demonstrate hands-on skills in resource mobilization.
- They should be Computer Literate.
- Applicants who are members of the UoN Alumni Association will have added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrable experience in Alumni Affairs
- Demonstrated technical capacity to engage different partners
- Knowledge and training in Alumni Management locally and internationally
- Understanding of public/private sector international relations and collaboration
- Energy and capacity to meet and surpass set targets
- Passionate for excellence and teamwork
The position is on a three (3) year contract renewable based on performance and mutual agreement.
How to Apply
1. Applicants for academic posts (AC) should forward ten (10) copies of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and C.Vs giving details of their qualifications, experience, research activities and publications they appear in.
Applicants for non-academic posts (AD) should submit seven (7) of the above supporting documents and applications letter.
2. In both cases, applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments and applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
They should quote post reference codes as shown for each posts in the advertisement.
Applications should be addressed to :-
The Deputy Registrar,
Recruitment & Training Section,
P.O Box 30197-00100
Please note that the University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday, August 21, 2015.