Storekeeper Job at UNES
STOREKEEPER- UNES/PRC/STR/3/2017 – (3 YRS CONTRACT)
Duration of contract: Three years
Responsibilities for the Storekeeper Job
- Reporting to Procurement Officer, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Receiving items delivered by suppliers as per LPO issued and store them in storerooms
- Inspecting and certifying of items delivered in consultation with the Bookstore manager and
- Inspection and Acceptance Committee where applicable
- Forward the Delivery Note, the original copy of GRN and the supplier’s invoices to through the head of
- Unit/Department who shall certify and forward to expenditure for payment
- Maintain good records of all transactions and correspondences between the stores, suppliers and procurement unit
- Issue items/stocks from the store as requested by the user department through Internal Stores
- Requisition (ISR) depending on availability of stock
- Establish a re-order level for each item and review on quarterly basis
- Make monthly reports to the Head of unit/manager on goods delivered and issued
- Conduct quarterly and annual stocktaking except
- Supervise, coach, set targets and appraise staff in stores.
Qualifications for the Storekeeper Job
- A diploma in Purchasing and Supplies from a recognized institution preferably from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
- At least three years’ experience in Stores Management
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision and knowledge of Public procurement rules and
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees.
Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE).
Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Submit copies of all the documents required strictly via email; cover letter, testimonials, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.
All applications shall reach the undersigned on or before March 31, 2017 Chief Manager, Finance & Administration UNES LIMITED P.O.BOX 68241-00200 NAIROBI