Organisation: Kabale University (KAB)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Kabale University (KAB) was established as a not-for-profit community institution in 2002 and it has transformed from a private into a public University. Kabale University is, therefore, a unique institution, enjoying the status of being the first ever institution of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public – and having been granted a Charter – the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The University Secretary should preferably hold a Master’s degree in either Accounting and Finance, Public Administration and Management, Educational Planning and Management OR a Masters degree with post graduate Diploma in either Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management or Educational Planning and Management.
- Possession of a Certificate in Administrative Law is an added advantage.
- At least ten years’ working experience in a reputable organization, five (5) of which should have been at the level of Deputy University Secretary or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and commit resources and time to establish and deliver on initiatives that will achieve significant long-term benefits for the University.
- Computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to use a broad range of communication styles to manage diverse situations and effectively relate to people.
- Possess a high level of integrity with extensive leadership skills.
- Broad knowledge of the policy and legal framework governing the operations of public universities.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications in envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for, with copies of detailed typed Curriculum Vitae, giving full details of applicants’ education and qualifications, work experience, present salary, postal and telephone contacts, names and telephone contacts of three referees, and copies of transcripts and certificates, should be sent to:
The University Secretary
P.O Box 317 Kabale, Uganda.
Deadline: 27th December 2016