Assistant Systems Librarian – GRADE 8/9/10- MUST/ADM/05/16 – (1 POST)
Qualifications For Systems Librarian Job
- At least a BSc. (Information Sciences) or related.
- Linux system administration skills including basic permission schemes, OpeSSH configuration and usage and system backups. Basic software configuration skills and knowledge of XML and SKL be able to create and use basic relation models in MySQL/ PostgresSQL.
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, PHP and java to customize applications in open source languages.
- Basic understanding of MARC format and how it relates to cataloguing standards, especially MARC21.
- Be able to use perl + MARC
- Obtain clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a valid
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police Service.
Systems Librarian Job Responsibilities
- The Systems Librarian will be responsible for creation and maintenance of library software to respond to existing and emerging user needs.Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates, for the above positions, will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of Service.
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of applications specifying the post together with a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, project grants and awards/scholarships, linkages and community service, e-mail and telephone contacts), copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed here and send hard and soft copies (Microsoft word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Applications in hard copy and referees’ confidential reports should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before Friday, 14th October, 2016. The Vice Chancellor Meru University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 972 – 60200, MERU