UNON Administrative Support Internships
Job Code Title: INTERN AUDIT
Department/Office: UNITED NATIONS OFFICE AT NAIROBI
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the SecretaryGeneral. We support programme implementation of the
The UNON Administrative Support/ Office of Internal Oversight Services, , Internal Audit Division Internship is for 3 months with a possibility for extension depending on the needs of the Organization.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Section Chief the intern will:
Major duties and responsibilities
- Audit Support work
- Assist in preparation of client notification/contact letters;
- Assist in preparation and amendment to work plan forms for signatures;
- Assist in updating of data on work plans and their status;
- Undertaking of research of relevant documents from the internet;
- Analyze and obtain background information related to the subject audit as requested by the audit team;
- Assist in updating of timesheets;
- Filing of audit working papers as per the structure of the Audit Manual.
- General office administration (administrative duties)
- Assist in making travel arrangements and visa applications;
- Assist in filing of administrative documents and records management;
- Carry out physical inventory and updating the stock levels and initiate appropriate action;
- Assist in the analysis of quotations when procuring goods;
- Assist in compiling a list of items for disposal and complete the necessary documentation for disposal;
- Assist the audit team with host country matters and
- Assist in budget monitoring and monthly financial reporting on expenditures.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisors
- The supervisors may assign duties on ad hoc basis as necessary.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having twoway communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Education for Admin Internship
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a oneyear period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred area of study:
- Undergraduate or MBA studies in accounting or related areas is preferred.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
How to Apply
Apply for Admin Internship at UN HERE