Your application for this internship must include: 1. A Completed application (Personal History Profile) through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past work experiences, IT Skills, and three references.
2.Proof of enrollment (click on link to access and attach to your application: http://unon.org/content/internship-programme),
List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using, and Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship.
3. A certified copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing
Administrative, conference, Security and information services (www.unon.org).
The UNON Administrative Support/ Office of Internal Oversight Services, , Internal Audit Division Internship is for 3 months with a possibility for extension depending on the needs of the Organization.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Section Chief the intern will: Major duties and responsibilities
- Audit Support work
- Assist in preparation of client notification/contact letters;
- Assist in preparation and amendment to work plan forms for signatures;
- Assist in updating of data on work plans and their status;
- Undertaking of research of relevant documents from the internet;
- Analyze and obtain background information related to the subject audit as requested by the audit team;
- Assist in updating of timesheets;
- Filing of audit working papers as per the structure of the Audit Manual.
- General office administration (administrative duties)
- Assist in making travel arrangements and visa applications;
- Assist in filing of administrative documents and records management;
- Carry out physical inventory and updating the stock levels and initiate appropriate action;
- Assist in the analysis of quotations when procuring goods;
- Assist in compiling a list of items for disposal and complete the necessary documentation for disposal;
- Assist the audit team with host country matters and
- Assist in budget monitoring and monthly financial reporting on expenditures.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisors
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here