UPO Mechanical Engineer Jobs Kenya
Our client, a leading electrical contracting and supplies company in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for installations, servicing and repair of air conditioning, refrigeration, heating units and other electrical systems.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer Job
- Applying engineering principles to evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical and electrical products, equipment, systems and processes.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Design, test and control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
- Provide feedback to management on customer problems and needs.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Engineer Job
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in HVAC engineering technology/mechanical engineering.
- Atleast 3 years of experience in the same position.
- Must have solid problem solving skills to ensure the heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems meet the needs of the users.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software training.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering skills.
- Strong experience with air conditioning systems.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their applications (CV and cover letter) to hr[email protected] on or before 01 March 2017. Please indicate, ‘Mechanical Engineer’ on the subject line.
UPO Finance Manager Jobs in Kenya
Our client in the digital media marketing industry seeks to fill the position of the Finance Manager.
Overall responsibilities: The Finance Manager will be in charge of cash flow management, taxation, budgeting, risk management and financial management.
Responsibilities for the Finance Manager Job
- Research, prepare and interpret: financial reports and statements, cash flows, budgets and also predict future trends.
- Formulate business strategies and long term business plans.
- Research on pricing, competitors and factors affecting the organizations performance.
- Develop and approve accounting, payroll, inventory, property, and other related internal control procedures.
- Develop and manage financial systems/models and carrying out business modeling and risk assessments.
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk and conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Must have a CPA (K).
- Masters Degree or MBA is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in the finance with working experience of more than 5 years
- Must have a broad understanding of financial trends in the company and the industry in general, analyze changes and advice accordingly.
- Sound knowledge of East Africa Financial Management system.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must have leadership skills and have ability to manage the whole finance team.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their applications (CV and cover letter) to [email protected] on or before 01 March 2017. Please indicate, ‘Finance Manager’ on the subject line.