Note: All Ordinarily Resident Applicants Who Are Not Kenyan Citizens Must Have The Required Work And/Or Permanent Residency Permits To Be Eligible For Consideration
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Kenya in Nairobi has an opening for the position of Administrative Assistant. The position will be available immediately.
The incumbent serves as Administrative Assistant to the Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) Kenya. The incumbent will require a good working knowledge of divisional responsibilities, office procedures and practices. The incumbent must have the ability to exercise judgement in determining priorities in conflicting work requirements and making decisions on matters of routine office management. The incumbent is responsible for carrying out daily administrative program support tasks to ensure smooth functioning of the program.
Administrative Assistant Job Qualifications
NOTE: All must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible secretarial, clerical or administrative experience is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) English ability and Level III Kiswahili ability are required.
- Must have knowledge of the principles of management and organization, administrative practices and procedures.
- Must have standard knowledge in operating relevant office equipment.
- Proficiency in Travel package/software and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to apply methods and analysis and administrative guidelines to deal with irregular situations and uncommon problems, and to work effectively under time constraints.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or
- Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Applicants must be available for an interview and for proficiency testing as required by the selecting official.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for this position must submit their application to the following for consideration of the application: https://ke.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Attach other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
The U.S. Embassy Nairobi Human Resources Office encourages interested job applicants to apply for any of our open positions!
Please note applications can only be received from the on-line recruitment service. Deadline is September 8th 2017.