Usability Tester Researcher Job at Kilimall Kenya
Department: IT & RND
Reporting to IT & RND Manager
Responsibilities of the Usability Tester
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- earn about Kilimall Systems and Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Maintain product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing. Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of a teams.
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify programs function according to user requirements.
- Write, review, revise and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation.
- Participate in review of standards, procedures, tools and process.
- Prepare and develop test strategies and test pans.
- Assist project readers in solving quality assurance issues.
- Assist in disaster recovery testing.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues. Correct and compile statistical quality data.
Qualifications of the Tester and researcher:
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Project Management.
- Time Management.
- Required Skills:
- Understanding of the SDC and Change Management processes.
- Writing test cases for Mobile Native Apps.
- Experience with Agie Methodologies.
- Excellent PC skis with a strong working knowledge of associated applications and test case experience.
- Strong mobile technology aptitude and test case experience.
- 3+ years’ experience panning, designing and executing test approaches and test cases for multiple application architectures using exploratory and scripted means to address test coverage expectations.
- Proven understanding of a phases of testing – Proven experience with a range of testing techniques inducing: Component (Back Box), White Box, and Gray box testing, Risk Based, Exploratory Charters.
- 3+ years’ experience in both UI & web applications.
- Experience with and strong understanding of web services & API testing and the technologies that support them.
- 1+ year experience in testing of mobile web or native applications for Android platforms.
- 2+ years working in an iterative or Agie project environment.
- BS.c in Computer Science or any other relevant field relating to the job.
NB: The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Submit honest and reliable findings.
- Maintain threshold of active defects.
- Maintain a high number of defects fixed per day.
- Make sure systems pass the requirements and test stage before release.
- Reduce test time by 15% by the first quarter.
- Reduce escaped defects by 20% by first quarter.
- Provide new ideas for the systems in pace.
How to Apply
Are you the person we are looking for? Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position applied for in the subject headline on or before 5th October, 2016 (12.00PM)