Job Title: Finance Manager
Organization: RECO Industries Limited
Project Name: USAID/ Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
RECO Industries Limited is implementing USAID/Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project. The project works to reduce the burden of under-nutrition by providing Ready to Use Therapeutic and supplementary Foods to pregnant women, breast feeding mothers and People Living with HIV/AIDS in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will take overall responsibility and accountability for the finance management component of the project. The Finance Manager will develop and maintain internal management and reporting procedures to ensure efficient management of project financial resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the project finance department to optimize financial performance bringing about costs savings and efficiency.
- Implement and institutionalize strong internal control mechanism (financial) for the project.
- Nurture finance team talent in the project.
- Responsible for the overall budget monitoring and performance of the approved project budget.
- Manage all aspects of accounting and regular audit for the project.
- Ensure that the project meets all its financial commitments.
- Implement financial guidelines and procedures for all project offices and ensure unit staff appraisals are done on timely basis.
- On an ongoing basis make recommendations to Project Management to encourage the continuous improvement of financial performance and implementation of relevant policies and procedures within the project.
- Carry out field visits to field offices to check on operations and build the capacity of the field teams in areas that require improvement.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow statements.
- Keenly review and submit periodic financial reports to the Chief of Party prior to submission to USAID within the stipulated deadlines.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Project policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must be a Chartered Accountant/CPA with a University degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting from a reputable University.
- At least eight years of post-qualification work experience in a similar position in a reputable Organization.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience and initiative to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Good team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NB: Position is available from March 2017 – July 2017
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via E-mail to: [email protected] including an application letter, updated and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certifications / testimonials and names of three professional referees. Please address to:
The Human Resource Office,
USAID / Uganda,
Production for Improved Nutrition Project
Deadline: 13th February 2017