Job Title: Learning and Collaboration Specialist
Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project: USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About USAID Project:
The USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (Learning Contract) is the five-year organizational program support vehicle through which USAID/Uganda will pursue realizing its development objectives within the complicated and shifting Ugandan development context. The purpose of the Learning Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build capacity of USAID/Uganda to implement USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting methodology to strengthen the implementation of USAID/Uganda’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and enhance USAID’s organizational effectiveness.
Job Summary: The Learning and Collaboration (LAC Specialist) will support the Learning Contract in the successful provision of knowledge management (KM), organizational learning (OL) and collaboration services to USAID/Uganda. The primary responsibility of the LAC Specialist is to support organization of various collaboration and learning events by the Learning Contract in support of the USAID/Uganda Mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in leading the implementation of collaboration, learning and adaptive management activities, and promote the CLA approach among USAID/Uganda staff and USAID/Uganda’s implementing partners.
- Develop and manage budgets for events, conferences and workshops.
- Provide support in the recruitment for logisticians, event planning companies and other event support required for the Learning Contract.
- Ensure that all procurements and branding for events is in compliance with USG, local rules and regulations.
- Manage procurement systems and processes to ensure transactions and purchases for events are done in a transparent and efficient manner.
- Manage mobile money platform and payment system for payments linked to all events, workshops and trainings.
- Ensure all inventory for events is properly tagged and recorded in the inventory records.
- Coordinate with Government of Uganda Officials that will be attending meetings and conferences.
- Support the development and application of approaches for enhancing organizational collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA), including organizing and facilitating knowledge-sharing and learning events that are DO-specific and/or conducted Mission-wide.
- Assist with the organization of integrated monitoring, evaluation and learning capacity building activities such as trainings and workshops, peer learning, innovation challenges, mentoring, coaching and internships.
- Assist with reporting on the Learning Contract’s monitoring, evaluation and learning indicators, and provide input to implementation of the Learning Contract’s MEL plan
- Perform any other tasks as required and agreed upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Learning and Collaboration Specialist job placement should possess an advanced degree in a relevant discipline required.
- Previous experience with event planning, facilitation and strategic planning required.
- Working experience coordinating and working with Government of Uganda Officials required.
- Prior experience in managing administrative, operational and procurement tasks on donor funded projects required.
- Be strongly conversant in the linkages between M&E and organizational learning, and demonstrate experience with strengthening the relationship between M&E and learning.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with USAID and other U.S. government agencies, implementing partners and stakeholders in Uganda.
- Proven experience with mobile money payments and platforms.
- Positive track record of quality work and deliverables.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and internet research required. Familiarity with Internet-based collaboration and social media tools desired.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communications skills.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Swahili, Luganda and/or other local languages is an advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to [email protected] with the subject line as “ATTN: Learning and Collaboration Specialist.”
Deadline: 27th April 2017 by 5:00pm